There is so much magnificence in compassion....
Waves are coming in.....waves are coming in...
Some folks might not grasp the amazing power of Reiki. It was developed in Japan as technique for stress reduction and relaxation that promotes healing. The word reiki was in the Japanese language hundreds of years before this system was developed.
- 1) It's not massage, although the practitioner's hands are placed ever-so-lightly on your body which is clothed. Sessions can be in chairs, or on massage tables or beds, or the floor.
- 2) It's not hocus pocus. Reiki has been validated hundreds of times in hospitals, hospice centers, and mental health settings by double bind research. Many hospitals have Reiki teams who work on patients before and after surgery because the patient heals more rapidly.
- 3) It is an ancient practice, also known as laying on of hands, energetic healing, or "mother's" hands. When a parent soothes a child who's injured or ill by stroking his head, or holding the injured limb, that's Reiki!
- 4) Animals benefit by it, especially the four-leggeds.
- 5) Reiki life force energy keeps flowing after the session has ended, offering benefit for hours or days afterwards.
- 6) It is a drug-free humanistic approach to healing that has no negative side effects.
- 7) It is not a religion. It's a simple method of facilitating change in the body that promotes relaxation, healing and vitality.
- 8) Reiki promotes empowerment in clients: no one tells them what's wrong, how to fix it or what they "need" to do. Their body responds with gratitude after a session, and they decide when to schedule their next session.
- 9) Anyone can learn Reiki (and we have a fabulous teacher right here in our valley)! Taking training allows for a standard of care, and inspiration for the aspiring practitioner.
- 10) Using Reiki is not dependent on one's intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone.
- 11) Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit, creating many beneficial effects, and sometimes miraculous results.
- 12) Reiki practitioners often offer sessions at no charge. Those with dedicated space, who use other modalities including crystals, music, essential oils or compassionate listening may charge a nominal fee for their personal investments and continual training.
Call 546-5344 for an appointment with Time Out.
Rest. Relax. Remember the wholeness that you are.